Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Go And Make Disciples

As a Mom, isn't it easy to get caught up in the daily grind?  The fixing of meals, the washing of clothes, the wiping of butts?  To be honest, it is not uncommon for me to feel like I am drowning in a sea of tasks that must be accomplished for my family to function in society (i.e. wear clothes) and just sustain life in general (i.e. eat).  This list can get so long that it may be days, or even weeks, before I come up for air.  But when I do, and I stop long enough to hear God's voice, I realize (again) that what I am focused on is menial in comparison to the big picture. 
What God has truly called me to as a follower of Christ and a Mom is so much greater than meals, laundry and baths.  Sure, those things are part of the package.  They are necessary.  But they are not the most important thing.
Jesus said to go and make disciples.  As a Christian Mom, this is my primary role in raising my kids.  I don't just want to raise them to be law-abiding citizens. I want them to grow into faithful servants of God, loving Him and serving others in a way that is supernatural.  Teaching them His ways, His Word, His truths is how that will happen.  Loving and serving them with a tender heart is how that will happen.  Molding their little hearts through discipline, encouragement, and correction is how that will happen.
It is a journey of incredible sacrifice.  One that I am thrilled to be on.  With a 9 year old boy, a 5 year old girl, and another boy on the way, there is rarely a dull moment. 
And so begins ta new blog.  A place for me to record our adventures, triumphs, and failures.  A place for questions to be asked and answers to be explored.  A place for growth.  A place for discpleship.

3 comments:

  1. yay and welcome back to blogging. i'm excited to have a connection to your thoughts again...since the phone doesn't work that well for us. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Except I think that means you must start posting too! I felt like a whole new blog/clean slate was what I needed. Plus, with my little ky hillbilly on the way, we arent just texans and hoosiers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Looking forward to many more posts ;) and the addition of your KY hillbilly :)

    ReplyDelete